Basic Functions: Individual should have a strong background of practicing in the engineering of turn-key manufacturing systems that were built to support various production requirements within the Appliance and/or Automotive industries. Practical knowledge of the manufacturing disciplines used within a job shop environment to build automated systems is required.
- Work with engineering and sales departments to develop proposals for customers
- Develop a manufactured solution by quoting, configuring design considerations, quality, price and delivery within proposal
- Compare various solutions for customers problems to identify which level of automation or complexity bests fits within proposal (customer’s solution)
- Concept the most effective method thru visual aids or descriptions to purvey the concept to the customer and sales team
- Use past experiences of machine design, assembly, and installation to generate hours associated for accurate quotes
- Coordinate and monitor the progress of in-house proposals.
- Ensure the completion of proposals within the specified time frames, and coordinate due date extensions with the appropriate salesperson.
- Assist sales and customer in understanding deliverables of CMC proposal
- Review and evaluate general client technical specifications and contract requirements.
- Manage, disseminate and expedite required information between engineering, sales and other departments involved in the proposal process.
- Specify major components of concepts
- Resolve and clarify issues with proposal specification and inquiry documents.
- Support sales to develop final selling price, costing, and develop a project timeline.
- Review and quality check proposals and client bid forms/documents.
- 5 or more years’ experience in sales engineer, process development and/or Mechatronics solution role
- Manufacturing precision assembly/ Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background
- Knowledge of manufacturing design and manufacturing processes and tools
- Ability to plan complex projects and coordinate resources to complete assignments on schedule.
- Strong PC skills, especially Office Suite: Excel, MS Project, Power Point and Word.
- CAD skills with various platforms, understand blueprint reading and drafting
- Associates or technical degree, or equivalent experience
- Practiced knowledge of various manufacturing technologies.
- Knowledge of specifications and requirements incumbent with Fortune 100 companies.
- Ability to accurately perform targeted market and customer evaluations.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to think process thru and identify potential flaws in a particular process or procedure
- Accuracy to foresee potential failures of equipment due to equipment or operator limitations
- Communication – Balanced and discrete approach when participating in meetings; effective with written communications. Ability to effectively communicate with external customers.
- Organized – Strong ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects, strong sense of follow-through with employees and customers. Resourceful in obtaining information. Develops plans for projects.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; builds morale and meets group commitments to goals and objectives; supports company commitment towards building a coveted reputation in the manufacturing community.
- Customer Service oriented – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve sales and service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments to customers.
Job Reports to: Applications Engineering Manager
Customer Accountability: High
Travel Requirements: Less than 20%
Vendor Accountability: Low