Basic Functions: Individual should have a strong background of manufacturing processes including various machining operations and associated tooling, fabrication techniques including a basic understanding of AWS code, and metal finishing techniques including coatings, plating, etc. The individual should also have a strong understanding of the manufacturability of a variety of materials and the sources of those materials. Examples include mild steel, various tool steels, and composites. Experience with high strength alloys is a plus (ex: titanium). The individual must also interact directly with customers and suppliers to exceed customer expectations while protecting CMC’s interests.
- Work with Production Control, Manufacturing, and Sales departments to develop proposals for customers
- Develop a manufacturing solution by quoting, configuring process considerations, quality, price and delivery within proposal
- Coordinate a high level of information flow including RFQ’s, specifications, quotes, and estimates
- Concept the most effective process for manufacturing various parts, tools, and assemblies
- Use past experiences of machining, assembly, and installation to generate hours associated for accurate quotes
- Evaluate current capacity to determine accurate lead times for quotes
- Coordinate and monitor the progress of in-house proposals.
- Ensure the completion of proposals within the specified time frames, and coordinate due date extensions with the appropriate salesperson
- Assist sales and customer in understanding deliverables of CMC proposal
- Review and evaluate general client technical specifications and contract requirements
- Manage, disseminate and expedite required information between manufacturing, sales and other departments involved in the proposal process, contact review, and during project
- Specify major components of concepts
- Resolve and clarify issues with proposal specification and inquiry documents
- Support sales to develop final selling price, costing, and develop a project timeline
- Review and quality check proposals and client bid forms/documents.
- 5 or more years’ experience in process development, sales engineering, and/or a Toolmaker role
- Manufacturing precision assembly/machining background
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and tools
- Ability to plan complex projects and coordinate resources to complete assignments on schedule.
- Strong PC skills, especially MS Office Suite: Excel, Power Point and Word
- Understand blueprint reading and drafting including weld symbols and GD&T
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and CMC information as required
- Practiced knowledge of various manufacturing technologies.
- Knowledge of specifications and requirements incumbent with key customers.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to think process through and identify potential flaws in a particular process or procedure
- Accuracy to foresee potential failures of equipment or processes due to equipment or operator limitations
- Communication – Balanced and discrete approach when participating in meetings; effective with written communications. Ability to effectively communicate with external customers.
- Organized – Strong ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects, strong sense of follow-through with employees and customers. Resourceful in obtaining information. Develops plans for projects.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; builds morale and meets group commitments to goals and objectives; supports company commitment towards building a coveted reputation in the manufacturing community.
- Customer Service oriented – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve sales and service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments to customers.
- Mechanically inclined – understands mechanical solutions, how manufacturing parts work together, hands-on individual.
Job Reports to: Applications Engineering Manager
Customer Accountability: High
Travel Requirements: Less than 20%
Vendor Accountability: Low