Basic Functions:The Human Resources Generalist position is responsible for attracting, motivating and retaining a high-performing, diverse workforce. This administrator position is accountable for effective management and execution of employment practices, employee recognition, staffing, and performance management systems. The individual will also be responsible for maintaining the HRIS database, administering company provided benefit plans, tracking time and attendance, event planning, and administrative duties.
- Maintain and ensure data integrity of HRIS system. Maintains various spreadsheets including Applicants, New Hires, Terminations, Promotions and Master Employee Spreadsheet for HR Manager to conduct analysis of hiring/terminations trends, new hire sourcing, reason for terminations, turnover rate, headcount trends, payroll, pension deferrals, etc.
- Ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Manage the administration of workers compensation, insurance plans, leave of absence/FMLA, and 401(k) Plan. Notifies the Benefits department of qualifying events and FMLA as requests are received by employees. Sends completed paperwork to the Benefits Department.
- Work alongside management and/or the Quality Manager with audits of payroll, 401(k) Plan, and ISO 9001:2015 Program.
- Prepare, maintain, and process month end reports, including vacation accrual, 401(k) wages, and 125A reimbursement benefits.
- Participate in quarterly 401(k) investment committee meetings, discussing the plan and any changes within the Plan.
- Effectively drive the hiring selection process to fit the needs of the company which includes sourcing, screening and interviewing to develop a robust candidate slate, and coordinate with department managers to create an onboarding schedule. Create and maintain necessary documentation that justifies the candidate selected.
- Conduct orientation of new employees to ensure compliance with human resources, safety, and quality policies and standards.
- Lead, conduct and analyze exit interviews and processes.
- Evaluate human relations and work related problems and meet with leaders to determine effective resolutions, such as additional training, communication improvements, or disciplinary action.
- Support and assist with coordination of leadership assimilations and onboarding coaching by outside resources. Support and assist with coordination of evaluating candidates with personality / psychological tests by outside resources.
- Lead and drive the performance review process for consistency, fairness, timeliness and effective utilization of the tools by coaching leaders. Ensure non-biased merit increase administration. Ensure implementation of annual goals within each department. Assist managers and/or employees with the performance review software to ensure proper use and understanding.
- Support and assist with administration of Apprenticeship Programs (Shop and Engineering). Ensure curriculum and OJT policies / procedures are followed and maintain recruiting and interviewing processes.
- Ensure that each employee has an opportunity for career development and understands his/her growth opportunities.
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization, this includes safety, workers compensation, and benefit related documentation.
- Maintains and evaluates handbook on policies and procedures.
- Participate in regular scheduled management meetings to facilitate effective communication and ascertain problems that adversely affect employee morale and productivity.
- Maintain confidential personnel files in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Coordinate company sponsored employee activities.
- Assist with the planning process for organizational development that primarily addresses succession planning for the business.
- General Administrative tasks related to general business planning, company promotion & compiling statistical information with focus on tasks delegated from Upper Management.
- Associates degree in Human Resources or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree Human Resources preferred.
- 3+ years experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of HR recruitment process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Prefer some working knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations
- Ability to establish credibility with managers and employees
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a heavy workload at a fast pace
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to identify and handle priority and sensitive issues with discretion, and a commitment to confidentiality
- Professional ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees
Work Context Information:
Job Reports to