Opportunity: We value Leadership, Quality and Innovation characteristics at Coldwater Machine Company. Coldwater Machine is consistently looking to enhance our team by adding qualified, skilled individuals with the desire to join our growing organization. We offer diverse opportunities for individual development and have a strong reputation for quality.
Basic Functions: We are seeking skilled applicants for Electrical Engineer positions to help us maintain the momentum of our growth in this current dynamic marketplace. Coldwater Machine Company, LLC has an International presence with our primary concentration on the North American market.
- Responsible for electrical designs for process automation; this includes PLC hardware and software, motion control hardware and software, schematic diagrams, control system drawings, wiring techniques and basic electrical troubleshooting procedures.
- Responsible for start-up and refinement of complex industrial systems. Start-up and debug activities will occur at Coldwater Machine’s facility and at customer locations.
- Confer with colleagues, customers, vendors and others to review designs and discuss potential new engineering projects.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Two – five years’ experience (including co-op experience).
- Complete PC capabilities, using MS office programs and others as required, and ability to develop computer programs or spreadsheets for specific analyses.
- 2D Auto Cad Skills.
- Ability to design industrial machine control systems including safety systems.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot PLC code
- Robotics experience is a plus
- ISO 9001 experience helpful, but not required
- Strong analytical problem solver with ability to process complex information
- Highly self-motivated and driven
- Strategic, dependable, and organized
- Active listener with ability to give attention to multiple information being processed
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Innovative and ability to think creatively to implement process improvements
- Strong time management skills
- Focus on completing projects on time and within budget
- Forward thinking attitude and the continual need to refine and polish work, by seeking to exceed customer and Company’s expectations
- Willingness to lean new skills